Mar 20, 2011

The Bass Family


SA Bassists With Martin Simpson: South Africa’s Premier Bass Family, the Askes
by martin simpson

As the whole World’s eyes are on South Africa (due to the Soccer World Cup), during June and July, I thought I’d do something a little different for this particular ish, by Interviewing no less than FOUR bassists…….all from the Same Family!!!!!! The Askes family is probably South Africa’s Premier Bass family with Bert and younger brother Dave and Dave’s two sons, Quintin and Miles all living the Low-Ender life. I spoke to Dave briefly at the tail end of last year about my idea to interview the four of them and he was quite keen on the idea so I set about the task almost immediately. Bert was the first to take up bass, followed by Dave and then Quintin and Miles. This is what they told me. MORE

No comments: